Adrian & Pankratz handles a variety of personal injury cases. If you have been wrongfully injured, it is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible to determine your legal recourse in the situation and allow the attorney to begin investigating your claims. Adrian & Pankratz looks forward to the opportunity of learning about your case and serving your legal needs.
Personal Injury FAQs
- What’s the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim?
- For most Kansas legal actions based on negligence, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury??that’s two years to get the lawsuit on file at the courthouse. The statute of limitations for some other torts including “intentional” torts (intentionally inflicted injuries) is one year from the date of injury.
- When should I consult with a lawyer about my accident or injury?
- Almost without exception you should contact an attorney immediately to evaluate your case. Better results can typically be obtained if you involve your lawyer early on, when the facts and witnesses are at least marginally “fresh.” Regardless, if you are considering legally pursuing a claim, you should not wait until the statute of limitations has almost expired in your case before consulting an attorney.
- What types of cases do personal injury lawsuits cover?
- Personal injury lawsuits stem from three broad categories: negligence, intentional torts and strict liability torts. An example of an intentional tort that causes an injury is battery. Harmful negligent conduct may occur when an inattentive motorist smashes into another driver’s vehicle. Strict liability claims often arise in products liability cases.
- What is my risk in bringing a personal injury lawsuit?
- Depending on the facts involved, personal injury lawsuits are often handled by plaintiffs’ attorneys on a contingency fee basis. In other words, the plaintiff’s attorney handling the case is only paid if the client collects compensation from the defendant. This minimizes the risks to the wrongfully injured party in bringing suit. Adrian & Pankratz handles personal injury cases in this manner.