Since joining the firm as an associate attorney in August 2008, Mr. Stucky has primarily focused his practice in civil litigation and natural resources law but has also handled a wide range of general practice matters. He has also immersed himself in a number of nonprofit boards including United Way and the Newton Chamber of Commerce. While in law school, Mr. Stucky graduated in the top five percent of his class and participated in various academic activities including serving as the comments editor on the law review and being selected for the regional moot court competition, where he and his partner earned best appellate brief in the competition.
- Bethel College, B.S., Business/Economics and Restorative Justice, summa cum laude, 2005
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2008
- Washburn University School of Law, Natural Resources Law Certificate, 2008
- Comments Editor, Washburn Law Journal (vol. 47)
- Moot Court
- Kansas Bar, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Harvey County Bar Association
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Member, United Way Board, 2009 to present; Chair, 2016 to present
- Alumni Council for Bethel College, 2009 – 2015
- Newton Young Professionals, 2009 to present
- Kauffman Museum Board of Directors, 2010 -2015
- Member, Newton Lions Club, 2008 -2014
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 2011 – 2014
- President, Harvey County Bar Association, 2015-2016
- Member, Health Ministries Board, 2016 to present
- David J. Stucky, The Tenth Circuit’s Obscured Vision: Losing Sight of the Importance of Requiring Clearly Visible License Plates [United States v. Edgerton, 438 F.3d 1043 (10th Cir. 2006)] 46 Washburn L.J. 633 (Spring 2007).
- Litigating the Myriad of Harms Caused by Diffused Surface Water (PDF) This article originally appeared in Volume XXXV, No. 5, May 2012 issue of the Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice. Copyright © 2012 Kansas Association for Justice. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission.
- Bed, Bank & Beyond: Streambed Regulation in Kansas (PDF) Originally published in the March 2015, Vol. 84, No. 3 issue of The Journal of the Kansas Bar Association. Copyright © 2015 Kansas Bar Association.