Joseph L. Uhlman is an associate at Adrian & Pankratz. Joe graduated from University of Kansas School of Law in 2018 before joining the firm. During law school, Joe was the Chief Justice of the Court of Parking Appeals, a Justice on the Student Senate Court of Appeals, was a member of the Law Review, Moot Court, and Mock Trial councils. Joe was also awarded first place in the Center for Alcohol Policy’s national legal writing contest in 2018.
Before going to law school, Joe served in the fire service for fifteen years, and was the fire chief of Sedgwick, Kansas. During that time, he was a member of the Harvey County Emergency Services Association, the Harvey County Communications Advisory Board, and served as an instructor for fire and EMS courses in the Sedgwick and Halstead area. Joe continues to volunteer for his hometown fire department, and has great pride in the high quality of emergency services throughout Harvey County.
- Oklahoma Christian University, B.A., Psychology, 2005
- Butler County Community College, A.A. Fire Science, 2010
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Kansas Bar, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, 2018
- Kansas Bar Association
- Harvey County Bar Association
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- City of Sedgwick Fire Department
- Dyck Arboretum Board, 2021 to present
- Newton Meals on Wheels Board, 2021 to present
- Offender Victim Ministries Board, 2022 to present
- State v. Baker: The Nesting Doll Dilemma, Kan. Prosecutor, Vol. 15, No. 1, Spring/Summer 2018, 12.
- The Roof is on Fire: Dangers to the Volunteer Emergency Services After Mendel v. City of Gibraltar, 66 U. Kan. Law. Rev. 819 (2018).
- What’s so GREat about the LSAT?, J. Kan. Bar Ass’n, Vol. 86, No. 6, June 2017, 36.
- Absconding from Probation in Kansas, Post-Huckey, Kan. Prosecutor, Vol. 13, No. 3, Fall/Winter 2016, 19.